Monday 16 January 2012

Death Korps of Krieg Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery

The second and third Rapiers were swiftly completed over the weekend to complete the first Rapier battery! I say first because its entirely likely I'll be getting more of these awesome minis in the future! If you haven't got any, go and get some!! NOW!


You may have noticed that I've used the Cadian arms that came with the Rapiers for these two. I figured that for the sake of a shoulder pad difference, it wasn't worth the hassle fitting an actual Krieg arm. Besides, they look fine once painted!


Here's the whole Battery together! These will form the backbone of my anti-tank firepower for the Krieg Siege Regiment list.


All this Krieg action has seriously distracted me from the Necrons! With some Cryptek conversions, an Overlord, Warriors, Immortals and an Annihilation Barge sitting on the side awaiting attention, I'll have my work cut out for me over the next week! More from the Tomb World soon!

The GunGrave

9 comments:

  1. Aye, you'd have to be a proper IG buff to notice the arm difference, and considering how good they look overall, it's such a minor detail. Looking forward to your Egyptian-Undead Space Robots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I certainly hope a trio of Rapiers will be enough to deal with any enemy armor you may face. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys! Its been a nice break from the 'Crons! Once they're done i'll be giving the Krieg a load of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper awesome, can we have a complete tutorial on the painting process please? i want to shamelessly steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a tutorial ages ago, i think its called 'Weathering Tanks Krieg Stylee'. Have a look under the Krieg lables, it should be in there somewhere. There might be a tutorial for the Kriegsmen there as well!

    The basecoat is Army Painters Uniform Grey (basicallly GW's Codex Grey) and the camo stipes are Adeptus Battle Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot how dilligent, fast and awesome you are with painting! Glad this post reminded me again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more Krieg action!

    ReplyDelete