Thursday 3 February 2011

A Question on Bugs: Zoanthropes or The Doom of Malan'Tai?


I've unfortunately been struck down with Tonsillitis so theres not much going on in my hobby world at the mo! It does however, leave me with a bit of  time to think about my 'Nid list which is no oh-so close to completion! I vowed to complete this army after my Elysians, but theres just one more question to answer before i can do that:

3 Zoanthropes or Doom of Malan'tai in a Spore?

This question has been bugging me (pun TOTALLY intended!) for a few days now and i just cant decide! So I'm here to ask the blogging community for their help so i can finish this army. Here is my 1750pt list as it currently stands:

HQ

Hive Tyrant – 245pts
• Scything Talons
• Twin Linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms – 15pts
• Wings – 60pts

Elites

Hive Guard Brood – 150pts
• 3 Hive Guard

Zoanthrope Brood – 180pts
• 3 Zoanthropes

Troops

Tyranid Warrior Brood – 115pts
• 3 Tyranid Warriors
• 2 Deathspitters – 10pts
• 1 Venom Cannon – 15pts

Termagant Brood – 100pts
• 20 Termagants with Fleashborers

Homogaunt Brood – 120pts
• 20 Homogaunts with Scything Talons

Genestealer Brood – 208pts
• Genestealer with Broodlord upgrade and Scything Talons – 48pts
• 9 Genestealers with Rending Claws and Scything Talons – 16pts eac

Genestealer Brood – 192pt
• Genestealer with Broodlord upgrade and Scything Talons– 48pts
• 8 Genestealers with Rending Claws and Scything Talons – 16pts each

Heavy Support

Trygon Prime – 240pts

Trygon – 200pts

1750pts


So i was thinking of dropping the 3 'Thropes (180pts) for a Doom in a Spore (130pts) with 50pts to spare. I'd then spend the remaining 50pts on 3 'Stealers with Scything Talons at 16pts each, bumping up my 'Stealer squads to 10 'Stealers plus Broodlord. That'd take my army total to 1748pts.

I think that I'm just looking for a way to include the Doom as I've already done a conversion for it. Plus its a dam fun unit to field as well!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment