Sunday 13 June 2010

Elysians Have Landed!

I have the army list, I have the colour scheme, and now i have a squad of Troopers! Forgeworld delivered unusually quickly, taking only a day to arrive! Along with a Troopers squad I also got the Special Weapons pack, as this squad will form one of my 2 Veterans squads.






Firstly, I want to paint my test model. So far I've got as far as assembling the model (not the whole squad, as my day was cut very short by shopping in Carmarthen with the misses!) In my haste, one of the shoulder pads pinged off into the void, never to be found!! (ARGH) So I used a spare Krieg shoulder pad instead. Don't think it looks to bad.







The kit also comes with a lot of accessories; pouches, knives, grenades, etc. The same was to be said with the Krieg, and i found it all a bit to fiddly! Besides, the Krieg are expected to die in the middle of no-mans land so to me it didn't make sense to load them up with equipment, only for it to lay rotting in the mud!

With the Elysians i went the opposite way. As they'll be dropping in behind enemy lines and operating without resupply, it made sense for them to be totally tolled up! Plus they look that extra bit cooler!




With the Elysians i went the opposite way. As they'll be dropping in behind enemy lines and operating without resupply, it made sense for them to be totally kitted out! Plus they look that extra bit cooler!
Right that's it for the mo! Painted example to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment