Thursday 9 January 2014

Apocalypse Terrain: Imperator Bridge

Today I want to share a terrain project I've been chipping away at for the past few weeks; Imperator  Bridge.

This piece is being built especially for an Apoc' game to be fought at the end of the Campaign being held at my FLGS Worcester Wargames. They have 2 rows of gaming tables and the idea is that a number of bridges will be constructed to link the tables making a battlefield worthy of Apocalypse.

The section of the bridge that will be suspended is 4ft long, with two 8in tabs at either end to place on the tables. The bases of the towers are separate as are the bases of the sides of the bridge. This is to enable easy transportation, and also to allows the pieces to be used individually in other smaller games.






Pegasus Building Panels and GW Cities of death Panels have been used for the construction, with some artists mounting board used for the tops of the towers and sides. The Apoc' game won't be until the spring, so there's no rush on this build. I'll just keep chipping away until then. In the meantime, I have yet another Battlefield in a Box project gaining momentum!

The GunGrave

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, its huge (she said ;)).
    Mightily impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers - she's a bit if a beast! I can just about get it in the back of my car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love terrain, especially when it is on this scale.

    Looking forward to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is massive - even with the Baneblades on it I hadn't twigged to its size until I saw it in profile in your living room - its HUGE!!!

    Love your terrain projects - remind me of the old studio stuff from the mid to late 90's - do you recall the crashed shuttle they made - your stuff always gets me reminiscing of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gonna be awesome, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly going to be epic when finished! Love it so far.

    ReplyDelete

  7. vshare
    vshare download
    vshare market
    vshare apk
    vshare helper
    vshare ios
    Love your terrain projects - remind me of the old studio stuff from the mid to late 90's - do you recall the crashed

    ReplyDelete