Friday 9 September 2011

Vlka Fenryka - Drop Pod

While Maelstrom Games processes my monster Space Wolf order, I took the time to crack on with a Drop Pod that previously served my Red Scorpions army. I've been chipping away at this Pod for about a week now, and I put the finishing touches on it yesterday!



Plenty of burn marks on the hull to mark its passage through the atmosphere, and plenty of weathering on the doors to. This Pod is one of two that will be in the army, both transporting my Wolf Guard Terminators into battle!

With any luck I'll have the rest of the Space Wolves here in the next few days. If not, then expect to see some more, long overdue, work on the Death Korps repaint!

The GunGrave

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the scorch marks - I'm getting ready to paint up a pair of pods for my Thousand Sons and I'll be using yours as reference for the weathering, for sure! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was painting my drop pod yesterday and used these pics as reference, really like the weathering on the bottom half of the pod and around the jet at the top, looks very good.

    Can't say that mine is looking anywhere near as good so far but I'm happy with how it's going and hopefully the end result won't be too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the weathering powders really finish off a model like this, which would otherwise be quite bland and uninteresting!!

    Some Forgeworld arrived for me yesterday, which includes some Space Wolf icons which im gonna add to the doors to spice the Pod up a bit!

    ReplyDelete