Wednesday 20 July 2011

Apocalypse Terrain: Gothic Cathedral Pt 6

Not a lot has been going on with the Cathedral in the last week or so, but today saw the front door fitted!



I'm very pleased with it! As you can see, i used the wall panels of the Aquila set to fill the gaps around the sides of the door. It finished it off nicely!

So while i was in the mood, i got the whole thing undercoated!


For this i used Army Painters Uniform Grey - of which i used most of the tin!! I didn't apply a solid colour on the base, as i wanted to  keep a bit of the dark lino colour to add a bit of depth.

Now I've got to dry brush the WHOLE thing! Now this will take a bit of time!

The GunGrave

4 comments:

  1. Each post this keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly fantastic there, Gungrave. I assume this means that placing models inside is out of the question though? Seeing that it would be a tricky operation even the cathedral was placed near the edge of the gaming table, within easy reach...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front door looks grand, which I believe it should!

    The basecoat is really bringing it all together. I can't wait to see the next update.

    By the way, do you plan to put "glass" in the windows? If so, will it be stained glass? If so, I'd like to hear how you intend to do it as I'll be needed to make a LOT of stained glass windows for my current project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, drybrushing that thing will take you forever... I'd be tempted to simply grab a bunch of different spray colours and do quick passes over different areas. This will help give variety and tone to different parts of the building. I'd be concerned that drybrushing won't work very well over the smooth surfaces (it doesn't sound like the cathedral has had any sort of roughcoat).

    Also, be sure to add internal raised floor and steps by the entrance - as the Aquila door is raised by about 4 steps!

    ReplyDelete