Friday 12 April 2013

Its alive.....its A-L-I-V-E! The Hobby Mojo Lives Again!

Well, I never thought I'd see the day, I thought my hobby had died for good! I'm pleased to say that a pulse has been detected!

Life has been pretty busy anyways:  job continues to chew through my time, as does the Masters Degree, as does the girlfriend! The hobby has definitely been relegated in the last year.

So what changed? Not sure really, but the impending release of a new IA Volume and the Necron Tomb Complex from Forgeworld definitely got the juices flowing again. Then, just to make sure I got the mojo going again, GW release new Tau models and this bad boy:


I guess it was only a matter of time before GW released some super-mech for the Tau! This model is awesome, and I cant wait to put it together. I even bought the Tau codex for my iPad with a view to starting an army! As I rummaged through my storage boxes I even stumbled upon an unopened box of these:


I'd say that's a sign from the Ethereal's that I need to join the fight for the Greater good! But first - galactic domination and extermination of all life; that's right, its Necron time!

I wanted to get the Night Scythe finished before I started anything else. I undercoated it first, and while that was drying, set about creating the scenic base. You may remember the Necron Obelisk I made waaaaaaay back in 2011 - i'm making another one of these to go on the base of the Night Scythe.


 As I continuously use the shower gel this bottle belongs to, supply was not a problem. Though replicating the glyph would be....

I went old school and did a rubbing of the original. I then stuck it to some plasticard and i'll cut it out once its dried.


As for the Obelisk itself - I sawed off the bottom of it so I could glue it at an angle. It would be to tall straight up when the Night Scythe was attached. The Scythe will be tilted at an angle as if the craft was banking over the top of the Obelisk.


A few crystals on the base just jazzes it up a bit. I'll dig out some Scarabs to attach later on to.


It felt so good modelling again! So here's to the revival of the Dynasty, and the next Sphere of Expansion!

The GunGrave

8 comments:

  1. The hobby mojo never dies - just like the Necrons' it just sleeps for a while :-).

    Good that it's going again.

    And a good use for a shower gel bottle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, mate! Glad to see you're still out there. Looking forward to seeing the obelisk come together, as well as what you end up doing with the Tau!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, mate...and a GENIUS obelisk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back my man... nice to see you about... while you have been gone I have switched up my blog writing and have my own with a buddy of mine, should check it out sometime!

    http://gamingbeerandbullshit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah deffo mate I'll give it a look. Got some big Kreig ideas in the pipeline as well so watch this space!

      Delete
    2. HA! Cannot wait... was supposed to have some new sweet Kreig stuff done this year for Adepticon, but I just couldn't find the spirit to do it. My hobby stuff has been in a bit of a downer lately too, but perhaps seeing what others have done this year will get me motivated now!

      Delete
  5. Cheers guys its good to be back in the swing of things again. Hoping to get a game if 6th Ed in as we'll - may have forgotten how to roll a dice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6th is a lot of fun, make sure to use all the terrain rules, it really adds some depth and balance (in my opinion) to the game and plus they are a ton of fun

      Delete