Just a quick update on the Hab Block today!
I've now installed the roof of the right wing of the Hab. Theres a lot of floor space to cover in floor panels here, so a bit of support was needed to keep it in one piece. I made a 'H' shaped frame from hardwood for this wing to provide support to the edges and the middle of the floor, secured with Araldite.
I still had the same problems with fitting as i did with the building panels themselves, in that they don't all quite line up neatly! As i despaired at the amount of Milliput I'd need to correct this, Mrs GunGrave suggested i use the liquid Polyfilla that's been collecting dust under the stairs! Shes a GENIUS! If only she was interested in my hobby - think of all the things we could accomplish!!
The tapered nozzle made application a doddle, so if theres any budding Apoc' Terrain builders out there, go and get some of this stuff!
So here it is so far!
As i sat back and stared at the thing, planning the next phase of construction, i was reminded of a large problem that I'd need to fix:
Yeah, the dam panels again! I stupidly installed the corner supports before i began construction, which didn't allow for the irregularities of the panels. These gaps will have to be filled with something, but I'm not sure what yet!
Finally, a little extra hardwood support for the central tower. The sides of the tower will sit atop these supports.
While all that polyfilla was drying, i slapped a bit of paint onto the Macerators! All they need now is their oil paint wash and their done!
From now until Xmas i think it'll be terrain all the way. I have more resin (and Necron) supplies on the way, and hope to have the Hab Block constructed by the end of next week. If Santa (AKA: The Munitoruim AKA: Forgeworld!) brings me the Rapier Lasers i requested, then I'll be getting well back into the Death Korps for the New Year!!