Tuesday 3 May 2016

Infinity - ALEPH Naga

So this is the second Aleph model from the starter set i bought a few months ago. Admittedly this guy has been sat, mounted, prepped and ready, on my desk for a while as i was working on my Heresy Alpha Legion. However, a few spare evenings of painting presented themselves which i gave over to the much neglected Naga!

I felt that i achieved a better paint job on the Naga than i did on the Asuras. I think this is just down to being more used to a new way of painting, and also painting this level of detail. Suffice to say, i am very pleased with the outcome!




My Infinity journey is really only just beginning, so i am analyzing every brushstroke at the moment in the hope of improving my painting with every model. So this time around, the things that went well:

  • The colour transitions were much better with the shading, especially with the black and the grey of the arms, areas that i was really pleased with. 
  • A consistent tanned/bone colour was achieved with minimal effort on the legs and shoulders. 
  • I managed to get the base looking nearly exactly the same as the Asuras base. 
Things i need to work on for next time:
  • Although the colour transitions were better for the shading, i think the colours themselves need to be applied more consistently. By that i mean the pigmentation is the same for the colour all over the area that it's applied. I find that this becomes more of a problem the more i thin a colour, so i'll have to watch out for that next time. 
  • Be more patient when using glazes! I tend to slap them on a bit thick if i start to get impatient which is a no no! This was really only a problem on the face (which i hate doing anyway!) Thin, fine layers, patiently applied. Easier said than done for me, but i will try and achieve this next time. 

As a parting shot, this is the Aleph family so far! Next up is the Deva from the starter set which is mounted and primed already. Once she's done i'll probably do the Dakini Tacbots as a batch to get them squared away.


The GunGrave

6 comments:

  1. You paint so beautifully! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers bud! These minis have really challenged me to push my painting forward. So glad I got into the system, if only for the painting!

      Delete
  2. Wedding guy here, Have to say these guys look much better in the flesh too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on these highly detailed minis...I recently bought the aleph starter box myself and also used these bases. Coincidentally I have started painting them in almost exactly the same colour scheme (white tiles with luminous blue). This more or less happened by accident when I spray primed the mini and base white and the recessed parts around the tiles were left the blue colour of the base resin. this looked pretty cool so I went with it and continued painting that way. I was tossing up between either staying with that or instead painting them a concrete colour with black asphalt road on the versions which have that part (not seen here) but seeing the great job you've done on these I'm inspired to keep going with the white/blue...

    ReplyDelete