Wednesday 27 April 2016

Coils of the Hydra: Sicarian Battle Tank Complete

While i was getting the first Alpha Legion tactical squad off the ground, that special package from Fallout Hobbies arrived!  This meant that i could finish off the Sicarian. More on that in a minute. First up, here she is:






So as you've probably already guessed, i was waiting for some smart vinyl airbrush stencils from Fallout Hobbies to really finish this tank off. I went with Dragon Scales 2 to create this effect, which i am very happy with! Not only does it make the vehicle pop, but also really helps to break up all the metallic colour.


Sadly this Sicarian was afflicted with the common curse of all Sicarian tanks, wonky barrels. I tried my best to get them straightened out, but this was as good as it got.


The usual heat distortion was added to the Lascannon barrels.


Here is the Hydra family portrait so far! I'm really pleased with the continuity of the metallic Teal across the models so far. Hopefully i'll be able to maintain this. I'll also be coming back to all of these models later with some Forgeworld Alpha Legion Transfers once i get around to ordering them.


That's all on the Alpha Legion for now. Next up, some more dabbling in the world of Infinity, then back to the Alpha Legion Tactical Squad.

The GunGrave

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and stencil work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 on the stencil work, also like the heat blaze work and the subtle weathering

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is flippin' fantastic, man - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! The scales were definitely a good choice to break up those large areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scales look epic on there! Also loving your metallic blue, very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks guys! Very glad I went with the scales now!

    Definitely think this will be a feature of my future Alpha Legion vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks amazing!

    May need to try something similar on my Sicaran.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh. I wish I could paint like that. I love the dragon scales, and I noticed the subtle weathering at the bottom of the tank hull. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this model! I've got a few stencils from Anarchy that are similar to this that I'll be using on my Alphas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What colours did you use exactly?

    ReplyDelete