Phew, it seem's that i have finally managed to wriggle free of the Hydra's coils for a few moments and get some more work done on the Mechanicum Ordinatus! By some work i mean nearly finished!
Its come a long way since my last post, with all of the base colors down, along with washes, second coats, and highlights. Below you can see the sponson mounted Volkite Culverins that the Ordinatus packs. I have magnetized these purely for ease of transport as they're likely to ping off if glued on.
The main drive unit is complete.
The main weapon carriage is also mostly complete - and i have to say it is rather impressive!
These bits were rather fiddly to paint, even un-assembled.
I followed the Forgeworld's painted example of the Ordinatus fairly closely, but did decide to add some extra brass trim to the main weapon.
The control console is also sporting a Volkite Culverin turret!
I left the weapon un-glued for easy removal. The join meant that i didn't have to magnetize this weapon. You can see the control console a bit better here. I'd like to add some detail to the display screens before i'm finished.
This is the targeting array. I had a lot of frustration with the lenses of the array, i just couldn't get them right! I'm happy with the blue lens, but the red and green lens may see some more attention before i'm done.
The array has also been magnetized for transportation purposes.
Very close to completion now! Just have to do the bits that are still bugging me (lens, display consoles) and the two Mechanicum crew.