Thursday 18 April 2013

Necron Night Scythe Complete

This is my first completed model since my year long abstinence from the hobby. Its by no means
my best work, but its not to bad considering....

 
The portal on the underside of the Scythe - typically green and glowy! There's actually a lot more OSL green on the hull, but it didn't show up very well in this pic. 

 
More glowy green engines.
 
 
I went with a blue OSL for the pilot and his control globe. Made a nice contrast from all the green!


Finally the base. As you can see, the end result is slightly different from the original plan, but worked out well once I sorted it!

 
The base in the end became a real headache. I tried to make a hole for part of the original flying base in the top of the obelisk, but it kind of ruined the areas around it and the paint wouldn't take. So I sawed the top off the whole thing!! Also the Scythe kept slipping down the length of the flying base, so I had to put some pins in it to keep it still.


Once the top was sawn off I plugged it with plasticard.

 
Then I added some milliput on the top to create a broken-top look (which again wasn't my best effort...)

 
Space was made for the the flying base which will be attached to the top of the obelisk.

 
And this was the finished result!



 
I have a unit of assembles Fire Warriors on my desk now, and have also started work on the Riptides scenic base. Next post: Tau!
 
The GunGrave

No comments:

Post a Comment