Wednesday 13 October 2010

Buildings, Buildings Everywhere!

After the success of the first building, i quickly cracked on with the other two. They turned out just as well!


I think that this one is my favorite. I used Bastion Escape Hatches for the doors on this one. As they are more reinforced than the other doors, i pictured this as some kind of quarantine, or even accommodation for some Astropaths! I did toy with adding the Comms Array from the Bastion kit to this building to make it an Astropaths gaff, but all those antennae would make storage a bit difficult. 



Group shot. Looks great! The good thing about using the guttering is that i could make even bigger buildings by clipping the pieces together.


And finally a random Bastion that i had lying around. Thought I'd get it done while i was in terrain mode!


So now im outta models to paint, and now outta terrain! Think i'll go and pick up some more 'Nids at the weekend and crack on with that list!

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Very simple and effective, I'll hav to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,
    I'm going to have to steal this idea! Too good.
    Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, i stole it from someone else so its not really stealing! ;) Im really pleased and its very cheap and easy to do. I cant seem to pick up anything now without thinking what i could use it for on a 40K table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job! I love the paint scheme as well - it offsets the base they're mounted on very well.

    ReplyDelete